Wednesday 16 March 2011

Godin: Grand Concert 'Ambiance' Guitar

Dale Harris plays the new Godin Grand Concert 'Ambiance' guitar!

I am very pleased to announce that I have just aquired Godin's fantastic Grand Concert 'Ambiance' guitar. I will be playing this superb instrument in my concerts this year and onwards. I love the plugged-in tone of the Godin Ambiance and the variety of blended sounds that it provides thanks to the dual blended pick-up system. I am also very relieved that this guitar yet again removes yet more of the barriers in the amplification of the Spanish guitar. It is high-time that the problem of projecting classical guitars to larger audiences is solved. Thus, I believe that Godin's Grand Concert guitars goes much of the way into negating the majority of issues. The added bonus is that you get excellent playability from the ebony fretboard and all at a great price (roughly a third or more of a handmade concert classical).

If you are in the UK, I will be playing the Godin guitars at the Guitar Fest (South Hill Park, Bracknell) on Saturday 30th April (also the amazing Antonio Forcione will be performing there).


 You can find out more about Godin Guitars at their website, www.godinguitars.com.


Dale Harris

UPDATE 22/April/2011: Here are the results of my soundtest with the GODIN GRAND CONCERT AMBIANCE, free listen (click on the link and the music opens and automatically plays)

No comments: